Forum all new and wonderful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Kerala’s famous Ayurveda treatments
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:06 am by ilsaim

» Cure for rheumatoid Arthritis
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 am by qerlindamin

» aspects to ponder upon when registering for yoga training
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:55 am by liyonna

» View the match Singapore, Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 pm by Admin

» View the match against Singapore vs Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 pm by Admin

» View the match against Singapore, Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 pm by Admin

» China vs Singapore - All Goals & Match Highlights (02 Sep 2011) 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifier
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 pm by Admin

» Very funny cats pictures and beautiful, cats, funny, beautiful, wonderful, fascinating mind
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 pm by Admin

» Solar Panel Installation - A Career With A Bright Future
At home with...Livia Giuggioli EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:47 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

At home with...Livia Giuggioli

Go down

At home with...Livia Giuggioli Empty At home with...Livia Giuggioli

Post  Admin Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:08 am

We must respect... the environment and limit wastage. There is no point becoming fascist about not using aeroplanes when you eat meat everyday and leave your computer on standby. ECO doesn’t have to be for hippies. It can be sensual and sexy.

I created the shop... to show people what they really can do for the environment. We don’t want to scare them into having to be a purist — you have to find a balance. There is a lot of confusion around so we try to deliver the message that being green is not complicated.

I'm inspired by... my brother Nicola. It was his idea to create a green hub where people could not only buy ecologically-sustainable products for their houses, but also feel comfortable asking lots of questions and learning.

Colin is... an essential part of the project. He’s one of those people who researches everything properly and will get obsessed with something like the Iraq war, then wake up in the middle of the night wanting to talk about it. We’re a great match because I’m the ballbreaker and he’s the brains.

Eco design can be sexy... and sensual. (Leading design journalist and author) Marcus Fairs will have a corner of the shop. Eco labels act as a guarantee for us. We visit every single manufacturer and build personal relationships with each of our suppliers.

I practise what I preach... and never leave the lights on. We live in a very consumeristic era and it's time to give something back. Try not to over-spend and over-buy. The shop's paper and stationery are recycled — even our printer uses energy made by a wind turbine.

Women should... resist the advertising. Don't buy Vogue next month, and wear the shoes you bought three years ago.

My favourite green item is... my cool and funky shopping trolley which I've had for nine years; people stop me in the street to ask me where I bought it. Now I can say 'you can find it at ECO'.

Going green need not be expensive... as it’s a moral issue rather than a budgetary one.

My top tip is... use white vinegar abundantly when you clean your house. It is better than anything else and contrary to popular belief, it doesn't smell.

Admin
Admin

https://fantasticweb.ahlamontada.net

Back to top Go down