Forum all new and wonderful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Kerala’s famous Ayurveda treatments
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:06 am by ilsaim

» Cure for rheumatoid Arthritis
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 am by qerlindamin

» aspects to ponder upon when registering for yoga training
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:55 am by liyonna

» View the match Singapore, Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 pm by Admin

» View the match against Singapore vs Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 pm by Admin

» View the match against Singapore, Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 pm by Admin

» China vs Singapore - All Goals & Match Highlights (02 Sep 2011) 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifier
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 pm by Admin

» Very funny cats pictures and beautiful, cats, funny, beautiful, wonderful, fascinating mind
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 pm by Admin

» Solar Panel Installation - A Career With A Bright Future
Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:47 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss by Weston Small

Go down

Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss   by Weston Small Empty Digital Hearing Aids Better Solutions For Your Hearing Loss by Weston Small

Post  rami Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:43 pm

She told me that one ear was completely gone and also other ear was starting to go as well. She was concerned because she didn't want anything to happen to her remaining good ear. Once i asked her about the "dead" ear, she replied that she had been in an accident and was told that she would not hear again out of that ear; don't bother.

We continued the hearing evaluation and I looked in the ears with the video camera and noted that both ears
looked unremarkable and seemed to be very healthy. As we began pure tone testing, I pointed out that I was going to test the left ear first and then the right ear (which was the "dead" ear). She stopped me and said, "No, you don't have to do that. I don't hear out of that ear."
I said no worries, I'll just do an easy check to verify. Halfway through the test she stopped me and asked, "I hear it in my left ear. What is happening?" "Is that my left ear you're testing?"
I replied that yes, it absolutely was. She looked at me with a puzzled expression then at her daughter and said, "I don't understand. Why am I hearing that beep in my left ear?"

I said, "Because you can actually still hear in that ear. It's not dead!" We proceeded with the testing utilizing a process called masking which keeps the good ear from hearing for your poor ear. Sure enough, Gail's left ear was aidable. Granted, it had a severe loss which is why she thought she couldn't hear. Most of all was her word recognition. Because she could recognize and process speech, the decision was made to fit both ears which gave her natural hearing and better word understanding.
In the weeks that followed, Gail's life was transformed. "After picking up my new assistive hearing devices and returning home with them, I found myself in another unfamiliar, but joyous world. I could truthfully hear. I could hear things I did not be aware of existed. The birds were chirping , my front porch was creaking, my dog, who happens to be a Great Dane, sounded like an elephant running through my home, the grandfather clock in the dining room sounded just as if it was right adjacent to me, the rabbit drinking water, the pump for the fish tank, and most of all, my 1 year old grand daughter cooing, all happening all at once. These were sounds which i hadn't heard in so long I forgot that they even existed.
Healthy Hearing LLC. specializes in treating hearing loss with the latest and most affordable digital hearing aid technology in the industry. Each fitting is persoanlized for your particular hearing loss. Extensive follow up care insures a successful fitting and very satisfied clients. We make sure that you hear conversation clearly, even in noisy places! We offer a risk free, money back guarantee as well as a Lifetime Care Package. Results are guaranteed!
Healthy Hearing LLC. is an independent, family owned hearing aid practice. We offer FREE hearing tests and consultations. We carry several different manufacturers including NU-EAR, Starkey, Audina, Oticon, Phonak, GN-Resound, Widex, and Rexton. Call us today at 757-431-1999

rami

Back to top Go down