Forum all new and wonderful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Kerala’s famous Ayurveda treatments
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:06 am by ilsaim

» Cure for rheumatoid Arthritis
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 am by qerlindamin

» aspects to ponder upon when registering for yoga training
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:55 am by liyonna

» View the match Singapore, Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 pm by Admin

» View the match against Singapore vs Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 pm by Admin

» View the match against Singapore, Jordan, 10/11/2011 online
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 pm by Admin

» China vs Singapore - All Goals & Match Highlights (02 Sep 2011) 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifier
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 pm by Admin

» Very funny cats pictures and beautiful, cats, funny, beautiful, wonderful, fascinating mind
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 pm by Admin

» Solar Panel Installation - A Career With A Bright Future
Haselton's Word   by Marcia EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:47 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Haselton's Word by Marcia

Go down

Haselton's Word   by Marcia Empty Haselton's Word by Marcia

Post  Admin Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 pm

O.K. This 1 follows rayon, Harry, and the girlfriend about 1 year after Pronto left off. Fundamental back story is that in Pronto, Raylon took it upon himself to save Harry and girlfriends asses, saw an individual who he befriended get killed in front of his eyes, then went back to Miami, and offed him (The Zip 'Tommy Bucks.)

This book has even more characters than the first which makes it a little tough to follow if you aren't utilised to Elmore Leonard's writing style where he tends to stop whatever is going on, to tell some back story. It's like reading Snatch, or As soon as Upon A Time In Mexico, writing traits that I do not share with Elmore.

Riding the rap turned out to be a outstanding read as I am utilised to this kind of writing. The story follows Raylon Givens as he investigates the kidnapping of his friend Harry Arno, all the whilst dealing with the anguish of having killed a man pretty much out of cold blood, his girlfriend Joyce's opinion of that, and dealing with the truth that Joyce utilized to be intimate with Harry and now there is some tension in her and Raylon's relationship.

It seems rather comical some of the scenes involving the bad guys, Chip Ganz, Louis Lewis, and Bobby Deo, all of whom will be recognized from the show, but on the other hand, a number of issues are numerous than the show and play out in various ways, this makes it quite enjoyable even though I watch Justified religiously, The story is still really several and the surprising twists and turns still have Elmore Leonard's desired impact.

I seriously liked the entire bit in this book involving an appealing tarot card reader blatently hitting on Raylon. Elmore Leanord has an uncanny ability to make conversation interesting, then he throws excellent ole' western type action in there and we got a superb novel.

I like his attention to detail, every little thing has been thought of, what each and every character likes to eat, smoke drink etc...

The character Raylon is a man I could admire, Elmore has created a modern cowboy who has style, is rugged, seems like a smart guy, all the things us men hope we are, that is Raylon with out a doubt

All in all, Riding The Rap is a wonderful book, and I am now officially hooked on Elmore's writing. 4 and a half stars baby!!!!!

Admin
Admin

https://fantasticweb.ahlamontada.net

Back to top Go down